CCAPP Postdoctoral Researcher
- The Ohio State University Departments of Astronomy and Physics invite applications for CCAPP Postdoctoral Fellows in the OSU Center for Cosmology and AstroParticle Physics (CCAPP).
- A successful candidate should be able to carry out a vigorous independent research program in theoretical, observational, or experimental cosmology, astroparticle physics, or astrophysics, interacting with researchers in CCAPP and other institutions while utilizing extensive CCAPP resources and infrastructure. We have recently welcomed three new faculty: Linda Carpenter, Chris Hirata, and Annika Peter. Two more new faculty will be arriving soon: Adam Leroy and Laura Lopez.
- CCAPP has strong efforts in theoretical work, including on dark energy, large-scale structure, Galactic dynamics and substructure, cosmic microwave background anisotropies, gravitational lensing, dark matter, cosmic rays, gamma rays, neutrinos, nucleosynthesis, stellar physics, supernovae, gamma-ray bursts, and active galactic nuclei.
- CCAPP's multi-messenger research initiatives include institutional affiliations with the Dark Energy Survey (DES), Sloan Digital Sky Survey (SDSS-III & IV ), Fermi Gamma-ray Space Telescope, Pierre Auger Observatory, ANtarctic Impulsive Transient Antenna (ANITA), Askaryan Radio Array (ARA), and IceCube. CCAPP also has efforts in the time-domain astronomy of stars, quasars, and supernovae, including using the Large Binocular Telescope and the All Sky Automated Survey for Supernovae (ASAS-SN).
- Appointments will be for Regular (3 year) or Long-Term (5 year) Fellowships. In addition to competitive salaries, these positions come with substantial independent research budgets. Applicants will be considered for both appointment levels as well as for other postdoctoral positions. Women and members of other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be reviewed after November 15, 2014; we strongly recommend that all materials arrive by this date, though later submissions will be considered.
- Applications will be reviewed after November 15, 2014.
Applications should include a curriculum vitae, bibliography of publications (can be included in the CV), and a brief description of proposed research.
- Electronic submissions are preferred.
To submit applications electronically; please use Online CCAPP Postdoc Application.
- The applicant should request at least 3 letters of reference to be sent via email to
- Applications and Reference Letters unable to be submitted online can be emailed to ASCfirstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Mrs. Lisa Colarosa
CCAPP Program Coordinator
Deptartment of Physics
The Ohio State University
191 W. Woodruff Ave.
Columbus, OH 43210-1117
- To build a diverse workforce Ohio State encourages applications from individuals with disabilities, minorities, veterans, and women. EEO/AA employer.